Tree tomato benefits: The tamarillo is a small tree or shrub in the flowering plant family Solanaceae (the nightshade family). It is best known as the species that bears the tamarillo, an egg-shaped edible fruit. It is also known as the tree tomato, tomate de árbol, tomate andino, tomate serrano, blood fruit, tomate de yuca, tomate de españa, sachatomate, berenjena and tamamoro in South America,
Advantages of Tree Tomato
The nutrients in this fruit are vital for overall health and maintenance of body systems. The benefits of these nutrients include:
- Acts as an antioxidant: Has phytonutrients that offers antioxidant activity and lowers the chances of degenerative diseases such as cancer, cataracts, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eye health: Tamarillo has Vitamin A that maintains healthy eyes. It also moistens eye membranes and acts as a barrier for virus and bacteria. It lowers the chances of eye infections.
- Heart Health: Potassium is found in ample amounts in tamarillo which assist in controlling heart rate as well as blood pressure. It balances harmful effects of sodium on heart. It also provides magnesium as well as other minerals that are essential for proper functioning of cardiovascular system.
- Prevent Kidney Stones: Citric acid helps to avoid the growth and development of kidney stones. It provides protective benefits with the excretion of excess calcium as well as uric acid from the body.
- Skin Health: Tree tomato offers Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Vitamin A which builds blocks of skin. The daily intake of tamarillo assures that the body is not deprived of nutrients and makes the skin healthy. It prevents aging of skin due to UV light and pollution.
- Helpful for diabetes: Scientific studies show that tree tomato is beneficial for diabetic people. Tamarillo has chlorogenic acid which helps to lower blood sugar in Type II diabetes. Moreover, antioxidant activities help to lower oxidative stress on body organs such as liver and pancreas that could result to diabetes.
There are a number of tree tomato benefits that could not be exhausted in one article.
We deliver them free of charge within Nairobi Metropolitan Area.