On this week’s selection on our recipe series, we have done tomato soup recipe for your consideration. This is made purely from readily available groceries, all found in our store. Fell free to order them and we will be glad to deliver them to your doorstep at no extra cost! Talk to us!
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
900 g tomatoes, halved
2 onions, cut into 8 wedges each
5 garlic cloves
1 pinch thyme
3 stalks lemongrass, bruised and chopped
2 teaspoons sugar
700 ml chicken stock or 700 ml vegetable stock
1. Preheat oven to 220.
2. Brush a tablespoons.
3. of oil over the roasting pan.
4. Put in tomatoes, cut-side up.
5. Tuck in onion wedges and garlic.
6. Scatter the lemon grass and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Drizzle the remaining oil over this.
9. Roast for 50 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes.
10. In a blender/food processor, liquidize the contents of pan, scraping the bottom, together with the stock.
11. Rub through a sieve to remove all the bits.
12. Taste and season if necessary.
14. For vegetarian use the vegetable stock.
Enjoy your tomato soup recipe and check out next article on the series. In the meantime, share your thoughts and finding too. We would love to know your feedback on this on Feedback.
Courtesy: Jostar Grocers Team.