Health Benefits of Avocado, also known as an alligator pear or butter fruit, is the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). Avocados are a naturally nutrient-dense food and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals.
Eating a diet that contains plenty of fruits and vegetables of all kinds has long been associated with a reduced risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions.
We provide you the freshest avocado directly from the farm at the most affordable rates.
Advantages of Avocado
Here are 7 nutrition and health benefits of okra.:
- Rich in nutrients: Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Healthy for the heart: Avocados contain 25 milligrams per ounce of a natural plant sterol called beta-sitosterol.
- Great for vision: Avocados contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that are especially concentrated in the tissues in the eyes where they provide antioxidant (1) protection to help minimize damage, including from ultraviolet light.
- Osteoporosis prevention: Half of an avocado provides approximately 25 percent of the daily recommended intake of vitamin K. This nutrient is often overlooked, but is essential for bone health (2)
- Beneficial for pregnant women: Folate is extremely important for a healthy pregnancy. Adequate intake reduces the risk of miscarriage and neural tube defects.
- Lower the risk of depression: Foods containing high levels of folate may help to decrease the risk of depression. This is because folate helps to prevent the build-up of homocysteine, a substance that can impair circulation and delivery of nutrients to the brain. Excess homocysteine can also interfere with the production of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, which regulate mood, sleep, and appetite. This is one of many health benefits of avocado.
- Natural detoxification: Adequate fiber promotes regular bowel movements. This is crucial for the daily excretion of toxins through the bile and stool. Recent studies have shown that dietary fiber may also play a role in regulating the immune system and inflammation.
- Improved digestion: Despite its creamy texture, an avocado is actually high in fiber with approximately 6-7 grams per half fruit.
Where To Find Avocado
We deliver them free of charge within Nairobi Metropolitan Area.