Cauliflower and Coconut Sambal recipe: the best one you can have to make your day great.
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 300g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 courgette, thickly sliced
- 120g (1/2 cup) butter chicken paste (medium)
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 90g (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 200g pkt paneer, sliced
- 6 spinach leaves, stalks trimmed, leaves coarsely shredded
- 55g (1/3 cup) roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Ground paprika, to serve
- 4 roti, warmed, brushed with melted butter
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 50g (2/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 long fresh red chilli, sliced
- Heat 60ml (1/4 cup) oil in a large deep heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the carrot to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the zucchini and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Add the butter chicken paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Stir in the cream, milk and tomato paste then the chickpeas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, cover the cauliflower bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave on High for 3 minutes or until tender.
- To make the coconut sambal, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add shredded coconut. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the turmeric. Transfer to a small. Stir in chilli. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbs oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the paneer and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Add the spinach to the curry mixture and simmer for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Season. Divide the curry mixture among serving bowls. Top with the cauliflower, paneer, cashews and coriander. Sprinkle with coconut sambal and paprika. Serve with the roti and yoghurt.
Better still, we deliver Cauliflower and other fresh vegetables free of charge within Nairobi and Kiambu counties on orders above Ksh 1000. The good thing is, you can order them alongside our other groceries. In this regards, you quickly can qualify for free delivery while spending a few coins.
At Jostar Grocers, we strongly believe in giving our customers the best value for their grocery shopping. Whether buying for home use or for your business, our all round business model is something to look for. We are open and happy to accommodate your custom grocery need.
We hope you enjoy your Cauliflower and Coconut Sambal Recipe. Leave us your thoughts on the comment section. Try also paneer salad.
Call us today on 0710266236 and place your order for your fresh vegetable and our delivery team delivers within 24 hours.