Never worry about getting fresh green beans? We have them at Jostar Grocers, Kenya’s #1 fresh groceries store.
We provide you the freshest grapes directly from the farm at the most affordable rates.
Advantages of Green Beans
The nutrients in fruit are vital for overall health and maintenance of body systems. The benefits of these nutrients include:
- May Help Combat Cancer: Intake of beans, in general, has been linked to a lower risk of breast cancer. This could be attributed to the high fiber content of the beans (2).
- Improved heart health: The potassium in fruit can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Potassium may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- May Help Control Diabetes: Studies show that green beans can induce beneficial metabolic effects in individuals with diabetes (8).
- May Promote Gastrointestinal Health: The fiber in the beans plays a major role here. Inadequate fiber intake has often been linked to constipation. Fiber also boosts the overall gastrointestinal function (11).
- May Strengthen Bones: Beans, in general, are a good source of calcium. Calcium can cut osteoporosis risk (14). Similarly, they are rich in vitamin K, which is another nutrient essential for strong bones (15). The only possible downside of beans in this regard is their phytate content. Phytates are substances in beans that may hinder the absorption of certain nutrients, including calcium. In other words, phytates are anti-nutrients. However, you can reduce the phytate content in the beans by soaking them in water for a few hours before cooking them in fresh water (16).
- May Help Maintain Ideal Weight: Green beans are low in calories. A cup of steamed green beans contains just about 44 calories (17). They could be a smart way to amp up your meal.
We deliver them free of charge within Nairobi and Kiambu counties.
Order yours today by calling us on 0710266236